- Orando en el Nombre de Jesús
Paul Garrett — Jesús Aquí, Parte #1
Puede bajar la presentación de aquí
Praying in the Name of Jesus
- I remember a pattern in my grades — 80s and 90s, one 70% — Spanish
- I love to study, but I love to study things I enjoy.
- Remember when teaching us to write letters?
- Letter Format.
- Signature with your Name
- Format for Prayer.
- We have a format for Prayer.
- “...In the name of Jesus, Amen“
- ¿What does “in the name of Jesus” mean?
- Send Button
- “Stamp” for a letter?
This is our topic for today. Gain an understanding of this.
- Names in the Bible
- God gave name to day (light) y la night. (darkness)
- To the earth (dry) and the sea. (waters)
- Delegated to Adam to give names to all the animals. ¡What a job!
- Nombres de personas
- Expressed activity or destiny. Jacob = suplantador Gén_27:36
- Israel –> Fights with God.
- Cambios de Nombre. Abram –> Abraham.
- Dobles Nombres. Simón –> Pedro
- Mat_1:21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus, because he will save his people from their sins.”
- Jesús = Jesus is the greek form of the Hebrew name Joshua that means “The Lord Saves”
- Jua_14:12-14 I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. (13) And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. (14) You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
- ¿Decir “En el nombre de Jesús” es suficiente?
- Jua_16:23 …I tell you the truth, my Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.
- Jua_15:7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you
La oración ofrecida en el nombre de Jesús está en concordancia con su naturaleza y propósitos revelados, y cuenta con todo el peso de su autoridad.
A Prayer offered in the name of Jesus is totally in concorance with his nature, his purposes and it carries the full weight of his authority. — It is as if Jesus himself was speaking.
Example 1 — Construction Closed
- A worker of the Municipality comes up and puts a “Closed” sign on a restaurant or a construction.
- My own house. Putting in ceramic in back yard. Bought stones and the company blessed us with a lot of stones. Somebody who works at the municipality lives in my neighborhood. Clausurado on my house! They thought I was doing a major remodelling on my house.
- What does it mean?
- Little Municipality Worker with no gun comes and closes a construction site where there are six strong guys with shovels and picks.
- Who has the strength? Who has the authority?
- The paper he carries is not signed by him, it is signed by a judge or a magistrate. He is closing down the construction in the name of the judge.
Biblical Example 1 — Demon Evicted
- Hch_16:16-18 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a slave girl who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune- telling. (17) This girl followed Paul and the rest of us, shouting, “These men are servants of the Most High God, who are telling you the way to be saved.” (18) She kept this up for many days. Finally Paul became so troubled that he turned around and said to the spirit, “In the name of Jesus Christ I command you to come out of her!” At that moment the spirit left her.
Question: Does that municipality worker represent the Judge in everything?
- EJ: What if the municipality worker goes out to dinner with his wife. When they bring the bill, he sais, I represent the Judge, I’m eating “in his name”. Go bill him.
- NO! If the restaurant manager came to the judge to bill him, the judge would say: No, I gave him authority for XXX, but not for this.
In the Name of Jesus –> Biblical examples
- What different things are done in the Name of Jesus in the Bible?
- Mat_28:19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
- Demons & Healings
- Mar_16:17-18 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; (18) they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well.”
Example 2 — “Peligro”
- Next month, one of my lifelong friends is getting married. Sofía and I are going to the wedding.
- I am preparing my part: The Car Decoration! with “Peligro” tape
- If I went up to a construction site and put this tape on it, what would happen?
- I could even say: In the name of the Judge, shut down this construction site!
- Would it shut down?
- YES: Mat_7:22-23 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ (23) Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’
- NO: Sons of a Jewish Priest named Sceva.
- Hch_19:13-16 Some Jews who went around driving out evil spirits tried to invoke the name of the Lord Jesus over those who were demon- possessed. They would say, “In the name of Jesus, whom Paul preaches, I command you to come out.” (14) Seven sons of Sceva, a Jewish chief priest, were doing this. (15) One day the evil spirit answered them, “Jesus I know, and I know about Paul, but who are you?” (16) Then the man who had the evil spirit jumped on them and overpowered them all. He gave them such a beating that they ran out of the house naked and bleeding.
Biblical Example 2 — Goliath
- 1Sa_17:4-7 6 pieces of armour, height was 6 cubits, spear weight 600 shekels. ==> 666
- 6 piezas de armadura, altura 6 codos y lanza pesaba 600 siclos.
- 1 Samuel 17:40 So David took his staff and put five smooth stones in his shepherd’s bag. With his sling in hand, he walked out toward the Philistine.
- 1 Samuel 17:41-43
The Philistine approached David with his shield bearer walking ahead of him. When he saw that David was only a boy, reddish and handsome, he was disdainful, saying, ‘Am I a dog, that you come at me with sticks?‘
- 1Sa_17:45 David said to the Philistine, “You come against me with sword and spear and javelin, but I come against you in the name of the LORD Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied.
- The representative of God, killed the giant of the 666.
- He did it in the Name of Jehovah God Almighty
- Praying in the Name of Jesus does not have so much to do with the “words spoken” but with the authority carried.
- Praying in the Name of Jesus speaking the will of God, acting on His behalf.
- I still have questions: Why does it not always work?
- Sofía has fought a Migrane headache these days. I see no reason why Jesus would not heal it. I believe that I would be speaking on His autority to heal it. I pray “In the Name of Jesus” with a measure of faith, but healing comes much slower than I wish.
- Rodney Fernández, 2 Agosto, Cáncer Estómago
- Alex de GWW, Leucemia
- Ivannia en el Hospital?
1Jn_5:14-15 This is the confidence we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. (15) And if we know that he hears us–whatever we ask–we know that we have what we asked of him.
Stg_4:3 When you ask, you do not receive, because you ask with wrong motives, that you may spend what you get on your pleasures.